Skin Disease – Causes:
- Parasitic skin disease – caused by mites, fleas, lice, chiggers, etc.
- Bacterial skin disease – probably one of the most common casues and often a secondary factor as well.
- Fungal skin disease – ringworm
- Viral skin disease
- Skin disease due to physical factors – Sun burn, trauma, burns, self-inflicted injury, bite wounds, etc.
- Allergic skin disease – allergic inhalant dermatitis, flea bite hypersensitivity, food allergy, contact allergy, etc.
- Immune-mediated skin disease
- Endocrine skin disease – Hypothyroidism, Cushing’s disease, ovarian imbalance, etc.
- Toxic skin disease – Drug reaction, Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome, other.
- Skin disease due to systemic disease – Hepatocutaneous syndrome, others.
- Nutritional skin disease – Zinc-responsive dermatosis, vitamin deficiency, etc.
- Genetic/Hereditary skin disease – Color-mutant alopecia, others.
- Neoplasia – skin tumors, lymphosarcoma, others.
- Miscellaneous skin disease