Signs Of Cancer
Top ten warning signs of cancer in pet animals:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Pet your pet! This is the best way to find lumps, bumps or swellings that could be anywhere on the body.
- Sore that do not heal
- Non-healing sores can be a sign of infection or cancer. Your veterinarian can determine the reason why the sore is not healing.
- Weight loss
- If your pet is not on a diet but is losing weight, illness could be to blame.
- Loss of appetite
- It is not normal for pets to lose their appetite. This may be a sign of illness.
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- Bleeding can occur for numerous reasons – most of which are abnormal. Vomiting and diarrhea are abnormal discharges as well!
- Offensive odor
- This is a common sign especially for tumors in the mouth, nose or anus
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- This is a common sign of cancers of the mouth and neck region
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- This can be one of the first signs that your pet is not feeling well
- Persisten lameness
- There could be many causes of lameness including nerve, muscle or bone cancer
- Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating
- If your pet experiences any of these symptoms please have them evaluated by a veterinarian